Customs ( TAX TO PAY FOR RECIVE TRIDENT )

Hi All !!
I’m waitting for Trident that is arriviving for make the first dive!!
I’m happy after so much time from purschase!!
My surprise is that customs ask me 21% of total price​:hushed::astonished:
( this is spain , i,m sad ) …
But the question is not this one.
I don’t buy thing from other countries and amazon for example don’t ask this…:thinking:
So if one day I need to send to USA again for repair it for example… does anybody know wich is the procedure for customs?
For me is incredible,really!

Thanks
Xavier

I don’t know how it works in Spain, but here where I live I think you have the option to choose, when you do the import declaration, that the product is a repaired or replaced product. Then you shouldn’t have to pay the import tax again. :slight_smile:

Thanks Peter,
So will wait what happens, hopping will be not necessay send the trident again to USA… :slight_smile:

Xavier

El dia 27/02/2018 20.31, “info@flygfoto.ax” openrov@discoursemail.com va escriure:

Hey Javier, Peter, and all.

We’ve been working hard on getting all the paperwork in order so that taxes / duties are only paid once. Of course countries in Europe have VAT that must be added onto repairs, so a $200 repair will incur VAT on that $200 but not on the cost of the Trident. Repairs under warranty will probably be protected from that (if we get our paperwork like we want it). Thanks for the great question and hopefully we will have a definitive answer soon.

Z

Thank you Zack for your " suport " :sweat_smile:

…hopping a good deveplopement for all…

Xavier

For interest sake, I paid an additional $256.43 for Customs fees in Australia.

not yet received my trident, I prefer to wait for the new improvements, but for my part, in Martinique, I expect a tax on arrival of 20% of the total, material + port … $ 405 more on my order … it’s huge and it hurts!
the solution would be to devalue the sum of at least half on the customs bill, since it is this sum which serves as a reference for the calculation of the tax.
i have already applied to openrov, but i was told that it was not possible ?? … however, when i place orders in china, they do it systematically to arrange their customers.
so why not do it at least to those who request it, and who have big taxes, as in my case. the risk is zero, the customs have other things to do than to go to investigate to know the real catch of a product.

I understand your problem, but I guess that China and USA are two totally different countries. And since it is a crime to write wrong value on the package, and I bet that OpenROV want to be known as a serious company, they don’t want to take the risk just to save you a couple hundred bucks. Because if they do it for you, they have to do it for everyone.

I don’t want to be mean, but if you dont have the money to buy something (including shipment and taxes/customs fees), then just don’t buy it :slight_smile:

362/5000
stop making your moralizing peter, it’s just that here, in Martinique, we have a tax called “granting sea” that I find scandalous, because it is a very old law that dates from pirates era, the “loot right somehow” and I do not like to make myself “have”.
when to my financial means, do not worry, I have what it takes.

I fully agree with Peter : a serious company in a serious country will not take this type of risk.
I have paid here in Luxembourg 389 $ US for customs for 1 Trident with all options.
This does not diminuish my pleasure to have a wonderful product !

For those interested. I am located in Australia, Customs charges of AUD372.77 were applied. Would have included GST on purchase, customs fee and whatever else they like adding. The declared invoice total on the shipment was USD1,899 which included Trident, 25m cable, 100m cable, Android controller and case (not shipped on back order).

Thanks tonyf,

Based on your feedback it looks like I have saved some money on customs/import duties due to the delay in shipping of the hard case and 100m tether (these items were not included or invoiced on my first delivery). The exemption applied to import duties on orders less than AUD$1000 should result in my backorder being exempt from additional fees.

This may be of interest to others in Australia. For interest sake the additional GST exemption applied to orders less than AUD$1000 ends soon…

My hard case and 100m tether will arrive soon.

Yes, my case arrived this month and was delivered without any holdup for GST etc. Wished they has had also sent me the 100m tether separate to reduce the GST bill. But now weather had turned so my one and only maiden dive looks like being it for awhile.

My 100m tether and hard case have indeed arrived with no additional import/duty/GST costs or administration.

Another Aussie here - I copped $257.55 for just the base model Trident, so glad to see that’s in the same general area. Perhaps it goes up and down with the exchange rate!

Hi again
AS A BETA USER I HAVE TO SEND THE DRON OF TURN TO AMERICA, AND I HAVE INFORMED THAT THE TRANSPORT AGENCY DOES NOT MAKE TEMPORARY DELAYS.
IN THIS CASES I HAVE TO GO TO CUSTOMS OF THE COUNTRY .

HOW IT WOULD NOT BE ANOTHER WAY, OPENROV HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT OF ALL AND ONLY HAVE BEEN DONE TO PUT THE LABEL IN THE BOX, ( THANKS TO PIERRE AND ALL PEOPLE FOR YOUR QUICKLY ANSWERS, REALY EFFICIENT),
BUT THEY SAID THAT IF I WAS A TEMPORARY EXPORT THROUGH THE CUSTOMS OF THE COUNTRY: NO TAXES.
…WILL BE NEXT TIME…BETTER HOPENING NOT :wink:

REGARDS

Yeah, it’s really common question, during ordering products from another country I always guess if I will meet any problems concerning returning and repairing or not…so… it’s more usual for me to buy products in my city)
Adam

Hi, here am I again :(:sweat:
The question is that openrov needs work with a agency that make ATA documents and importations…in this case Fedex don.t make it…so it woukd permit make reparations without more taxes… :wink:
Here you have info:

The ATA Carnet is an international customs document that permits the tax-free and duty-free temporary export and import of goods for up to one year…