Controller options for Trident

Hi!

If I get a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to control my trident, could I get a microusb adapter and use my Xbox One controller on it?

Thanks!

Rhett

I have been using a Steelseries Stratus XL wireless controller with my Samsung tablet to control the Trident.
I like the cordless Bluetooth capability as I tend to move around and having my tablet in a stable mount with a sun shade on works best for me.
This helps me operate the trident both visually on the surface and then remotely using the tablet during a dive.

Thanks for the tip!

The main reason we’d like to use this is that we already have the Xbox controller and want to save money

Has anyone tried to use the DJI Crystalsky Ultra-Bright Monitor with the Trident?

https://tinyurl.com/ybunjmzo

Yes! I’ve seen one be used. OpenROV Cockpit had to be side loaded onto the device but as I recall, it worked pretty well. I’ll try to find more details to post.

Just thought I’d chime in on this thread:

I recently came across a video on YouTube showing how to connect the Nintendo switch controllers to an android phone using Bluetooth. I set up a left and a right controller, but I was only able to start/stop video recording, power lights on and off, and reverse the pitch control.

I got a Samsung Tab A (2017) which I tried on the weekend, and it is pretty good. No lag and the screen gets pretty bright. I did however, also just ordered this joy stick add on

and will get it tomorrow…will update to let you know how it works. Much cheaper option than the $400us controller. All in, I am at about $280 Can.

@robert.oneill You mentioned the Samsung Tab A was ‘pretty bright’. Was that in full sun?

Has anyone tried running the Cockpit app on the Samsung Tablet with Multi Window / Split Screen? I’m curious if any of the Cockpit edges are cut off. Was it on an 8" or 10.1"? Landscape or portrait tablet orientation?

Has anyone tried the USB-C adapters that allow charging while outputting HDMI for FPV goggles?

In full sun you will see nothing, really nothing. Even with the dji screen which is the brightes on the market.
Googles is the only choice to be happy.
Trust me I have tested both.

The Samsung Tab A 8 inch, has an outdoor brightness setting and with the sun directly over head with no clouds and no shade I can still see it. It is not perfect but it is better than my MacBook Air, My Lenovo x1 carbon and definitely better than my iPhone.

I forgot to ad that most of the tablets (inclusive all Samsung tablets) have no HDMI output. You will not be able to add googles once your eyes don’t accept annymore to try to see something under bright sun on your tablet …
Best option in my opinion : OpenRov tablet and googles (my choice Cinemizer).

While I have not tried it, there is a USB to USB C adapter that I got with my Samsung 9+ that should work for adding goggles.

May be. Be eware that best qualty is reached using HDMI connection.