Controller Board Update

A few weeks ago we made a post about the new Controller Board, and said it will be made available soon in the store. Due to changes in the Tenda Homeplug Adapters (discussion here) we've had to make a few adjustments to the board.

As we only have enough homeplug adapters for the OpenROV kits, we're not going to be able to offer the Controller Board as a stand alone product until the next revision, which won't be for 6 weeks. We do have a few extra Controller Boards from this rev. If you ALREADY have the Tenda Homeplug adapters (the older version) and want a Controller Board that works with them, we have a few available. Please send me an email - david@openrov.com - and I can get you more details.

Again, the most important takeaways:

1) OpenROV v2.5 kits are NOT affected by this change.

2) Controller Boards will not be available for 6-8 weeks (unless you have the older homeplug adapters and send me an email).

Also, special thanks to Ola Johansson for pointing out the change- we hadn't heard about this from the manufacturer (and probably wouldn't have found out for months) without someone in our community pointing it out. This is one of the many reasons that doing this project openly with our community is so great. Thank you Ola and everyone who has helped us make this happen!

E

I'm glad I could help out, and I'm really looking forward to the next revision of the controller board.

Will the next rev be compatible for both revs of the Home Plug Adapter?

That's the aim, but we'll have to see how much real-estate we end up having to work with on the board to make it all fit.

E