The latest bits have been wrapped up in to downloadable SD card images along with release notes and install instructions on github releases.
There are over 6 months of updates that have been pending... so this is a rather large drop. These bits will be the final "Stable release" bits as soon as we finish testing on the cape based ROVs. If you have a cape based ROV and want to help, please test and make sure firmware updates work, basic controls still work and that you let me know what you find out!
If you have been sitting on the sidelines a while, please note that we are not supporting the update.sh script that you can run by ssh'ing in to the beaglebone. We made substantial repository changes that likely broke that script. Instead we are asking everyone to pave the new image on to a new SD card.
I will be following up over the next few weeks with posts that explain a lot of the changes that have been made. For those that are testing, please note that you can mouse over the image of the keyboard and a list of keyboard commands will pop up.
- A new default dashboard allowing starting the Cloud9 IDE, File Sharing, and the Cockpit has been added on port 80 of the ROV
- Support for the MS5803 depth sensor added
- Support for the MPU9150 IMU sensor added
- Data logger plugin added
- Major refactor of logic to plugin architecture
- Major performance improvements in the browser and video
- Beta touchscreen controls added for touch enabled devices
- System now automatically expands the image to take over all free space on the SD card on initial boot
- Latency measurement controls added
- Heads up display can now be toggled off
- Changed the UI to add more space for telemetry
- Beta tank control mode added
- Added saltwater/freshwater toggle
- Changed cockpit to a darker theme that works better at night
- Added beta depth and heading hold
- Added beta fly-by-wire
- Lots of fixes to the compass in cockpit. Note: Currently orientation to magnetic north has been disabled.
- Lots of fixes to the things that are interrupting camera video
- Made default motor response more aggressive
- Fixed onboard temperature reporting on the controllerboard
- Added support for the OpenROV Controllerboard 2.x class of boards
- Sensor board support in the Arduino code
- Logging of telemetry data to persistent storage on the browser
- Ability to download telemetry in json
- HUD depth and thrust indicators
- Laser keyboard toggle
- Depth Zeroing button
- Light on/off toggle key