I updated my OpenROV to the homeplug adapter and changed the tether from the CAT5E cable to 200 ft. of 22 AWG one twisted pair. It was getting stuck on weeds in the pond because it sunk to the bottom. I then added wooden dowels every 24 inches to make it float. This didn't work either as it still gets stuck on the weeds that are near the top of the water. I have added a connector on my tether so it will be easy to try different wires for the tether. I used an eight pin microphone connector because I have a box of them and don't plan on being in salt water. I also figure the design will keep changing, so if this shorts out, I will just change it. I am passing 12 volts from a car battery down the cable to the ROV. My biggest problem is the tether getting stuck on stuff.
We need to find a good wire for the tether.
1402-tethermikeconn.jpg (141 KB) 1403-elechomelinkmounting.jpg (150 KB) 1404-elechousingconnectors.jpg (166 KB)