Cannot Update Through Command Line

I am using an OpenROV 2.7 and I am having issues updating from the command line. When I run sudo apt-get update I get a 500 Internal Server Error

When I enable software updates on the dashboard I get the following error

Uh, there was a problem loading the branches!
{“data”:“XMLParserError: Non-whitespace before first tag.\nLine: 0\nColumn: 1\nChar: N”,“status”:500,“config”:{“method”:“GET”,“transformRequest”:[null],“transformResponse”:[null],“url”:“plugin/software/branches”,“headers”:{“Accept”:“application/json, text/plain, /”}},“statusText”:“Internal Server Error”}

Is there another step I need to do or is this an issue with the beaglebone?

Also I am connecting directly to the beaglebone on the IP address 192.168.7.2

I am assuming you are following the instructions here, note @badevguru last post regarding shared internet connections or when using a router.

If you simply have the beaglebone connected to you computer (via USB in your case) and your computer is connected to the internet, you should only need to have the dashboard open for this to work (the dashboard is used to provide the internet proxy for the beaglebone).

Yeah, sounds like you have an Internet sharing issue.

Try to ping an address from the BBB, like this:

$ ping www.google.com

If you have an Internet connection, you’ll see something like this:

$ ping www.google.com
PING www.google.com (74.125.228.242) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from iad23s24-in-f18.1e100.net (74.125.228.242): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=43.1 ms
64 bytes from iad23s24-in-f18.1e100.net (74.125.228.242): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=53.7 ms

The other thing that you can do is to connect the BBB directly to your LAN. Just plug an Ethernet cable into the BBB, and attach it to your router. You’ll need to check your router’s connected client table to see which IP address the router has assigned to the BBB. Then from your PC (which is also on the LAN), SSH into the BBB and run the update. If you’re running Windows, you’ll need an SSH program like PuTTy. It’s quite simple to do actually, but if you’re unsure then go to YouTube and check out BBB videos from a fellow named Derek Molloy. He has a number of BBB-related videos in a playlist, and some of the early ones show how to do exactly what you’re trying to do.

TB