Buy Openrov 2.8 Shell only

Hello Team,

Where can I buy the Shell structure (only) for 2.8 version ?
it does not appears in online store.

Regards

rom

@romain.reicher,
Normally you need to have the Shell and Fin laser cut from the OpenROV Cad Files here
However the Shell is a tricky piece to laser cut because it is made out of Polypropylene and not acrylic which is much easier to laser cut.
You might contact OpenROV support and see if they can help you out.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Hi TCIII,

I already own all dxf files. And I built all the main structure in acrylic (after having done the laser cuts myself) But with regards to the shell in polypro, I can make the cut also, what I do not know how to do is to make side bends. I guess it has to be done by heating the material. Not that easy…

Regards
Romain

Yes we do heat the material in order to bend the shell. There are score marks that we make in the shell (low power cuts at fast speed so it does not fully cut the material). We then heat the shell on a strip heater and then bend it.

If you need just a shell let me know and I can work something out with you.

Brian_Grau.

I will try to made it.
Thank you for advice.

best regards.
Romain

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Hello Brian,
unfortunately, cannot made it myself. I’ve tried three times, with polypropylène 3mm with a cutting tools, I’ve also tried with heat wire, the inner parts are difficult.
The results is totally unconvenant.
Is there a way to order the shell on openrov store ?

Regards
Romain

@romain.reicher,

I had a similar situation where the outfit cutting my acrylic parts could not successfully cut the poly polypropylene and I turned to OROV customer support for help.

They sold me the polypropylene shell plus shipping. I suggest that you contact them to see what they can do for you.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

Thank TCIII
Request done from support.
Thank