I setup a build day with Mark Pereyda and Matthew Valancy today and we had a blast! I took tons of photos of our build day and even a few videos of Mark showing off his fancy method for waterproofing the motors (as previously discussed here). The whole series is going to be continued but today we accomplished building the body for two different ROVs. One of them is a 2.5 the other is a 2.6. We got all the gluing and assembly done today but wiring the electronics is next. I'll attach an album of all the photos here so you can check out what we did.
At the end of the day Mark, Matt and I videotaped the process of putting the disassembled motors into special custom 3d printed molds and we applied epoxy. Currently it is curing in my garage.
Here's the final step of adding the epoxy
I'll be sure to post a follow up video with more progress as it happens.
- Tony Costanza