Betterdepth better cooling very clear

just been looking at mineral oil demo on pc build, tubes be filled with mineral oil non conductive will add better depth leds will work and can be used in all comparments that have air just idea also very good heat cooling agent

Hi Ryan

The more I research this the more I like the mineral oil idea. I checked the conductivity (very low), the specific gravity .92 or slightly buoyant. It also doesn’t like to be compressed nor does it mix with water. I especially like it for a media to surround the motors. If you can keep these motors surrounded with mineral oil there is not much chance the sea water will get in to the bearings. If sea water does get into the enclosure it would tend to settle to the bottom and could be drained off. I have potted a motor in a metal sleeve to fill with mineral oil which I am going to test in the next week, maybe drop it down 300 ft in a crab trap and run it off the teather. I’ll need to encase the ESC as we’ll for the test. I’m trying to minimize the maintenance of these motors and at a minimal cost.

Dave

JUST A IDEA, CAN INSTALL MICRO FAN INSIDE MOTOR ON SHAFT. GET THE OIL MOVING IN MOTORS. IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A CONTRACT TO INSPECT OLD MINE SHAFTS, HI HAVE BUILT UP THE SERVER AND HAVE THE EQUIPMENT ALL READY. NOW JUUST NEED THE DRONE. (GOING TO GO DOWN MINE SHAFTS TO WATER TABLE 850M TO 1KM DOWN. LOOKED AT FLY DRONES BUT ONE LITTLE ROCK OR ERROR AND GOODBYE DRONE, THAT IS WHY I HAVE SAID WE NEED THE OPENROV AS WE CAN DROP IT DOWN, IT WILL WORK AND WILL BE A LOT SAFER). AND THERE ARE SO MANY APPLICATIONS FOR THIS BEATIFULL LITTLE UNIT.

Please see my suggestion:

http://community.openrov.com/forum/topics/simple-way-to-increase-the-depth-capability-of-atmospheric?commentId=6365107%3AComment%3A108167