BeagleBone White vs. Black

Hello All, I am just getting started slowly. I have a BeagleBone White from another project. Are the cape / controller boards interchangeable? Or is the Cape for the BBW and the OpenROV Controller Board v2.6 for the BBB?

I did manage to load the latest software on the BBW and was able to fire up the cockpit and stream video. However, the latency was unexpectedly long and the video choppy. I'm using a Logitech Pro 9000 camera at the moment.

We are trying to keep all the software backwards compatible with OROV 2.3 and 2.4, which used a BBW and a cape with an Arduino-Uno equivalent. But as we move forwards and add new features, the cape is getting tougher to support, and at some point we'll likely have a final build for the earlier ROVs. As for using a BBW with a controller board, we never really test that configuration, nor do we test other webcams besides the one (Genius webcam) we use in the kit. So it's hard to say for sure what's going on with your configuration.

-W

Thanks, the Webcam is working now. I messed around with the IP settings to change the default and that worked. It's just crappy latency. Will the BBB improve that video latency with better on board processing?