I was having trouble keeping the battery caps seated since I couldn't get the straps tight enough so I made this mod that works a lot better for me. I used a 3D printer to create the clamps
I've attached the STL files and a few images to illustrate.
Along with printing the parts from the STL files you'll need;
- (4) All thread rods measuring 10.75" long. 10-24 SAE or 5mm .8 to stay consistent with whats on the ROV.
- (8) Matching nuts.
- (4) Washers.
- (4) Wing nuts matching all-thread rod.
- (8-12) M5-.8 nuts (8 nuts are required but depending on thickness you may need up to 12
- (16) pieces of aquarium tubing or heat shrink to fit over threaded rod. each piece approx .25" long.
I suggest installing the clamps to the front of the tubes first. Once positioned, glue the clamps to the battery tubes with CA. It's possible to make a one piece clamp that would not require glue but which may distort the tube when tightened. I felt using glue was a safer choice.
I've attached a few images. The clamps u see are repeated at the rear of the tubes.
The Rear end plates may need to be cut down .25" along their lengths to clear the rear fin.