200’ down in Prince William Sound, AK

Deep dive in Prince William Sound, AK.

Found Tanner crabs, coonstripe and northern shrimp, sculpin (Irish Lord) and I’m not sure what the skinny fish is, perhaps a northern ronquil, there were actually lots of those down there.

Still working on the dropweight idea to eliminate tether drag.

3 Likes

Nice footage. I’ve been 250’ down over similar mud in Puget Sound and found the same eelpout that appears just after the crab footage. Are you using the velcro at the stern on the tether? I made a loop of small lashing line from the velcro to the tether at the serrated plastic just behind the screw for security instead. I tied it with a rolling hitch there so that i pulls more at the center of gravity. I don’t think the Trident likes to drag the tether from its tail.

Sorry for the late reply. I agree, been diving without the tail strap, Trident seems to perform much better, the tether drag just makes it very hard to turn around when pulling from the tail. I use a boat hook to lift it back out of the water.

This is the clump weight I’ve been using. Lead wire coiled around the tether, super easy to reposition and in the center there is a light clip I can attach any appropriately sized weight for the day to. I have been attaching the weight about 50’ above the Trident, lower everything until I hit bottom, then bring in 20’ of tether to avoid snagging the weight on anything and driving around there. Seems to be working pretty well, just posted new dive threads done with this set up.

Awesome video of the underneath. It seems there are a lot more marine life down there. Good trick for strap.

Check out the two new videos I posted in the Trident Dive Video thread: shrimp and rockfish.

1 Like

Sounds cool man, I will.